GOD's my island hideaway, keeps danger far from the shore,
throws garlands of hosannas around my neck.
(Psa 32:7 MSG)

8.10.2010

socks, socks, more socks!

i just finished this pair last night.  that's 2 pairs finished in less than a week!  this pair was my June/July vacation project...a pair of socks is easy to take along.  but i didn't have enough knitting time on the trip to get 'em done.  i spent a good portion of our 2 week trip out west looking at scenery and trying to take pictures instead of knitting.  ah well.  they're done now!

pattern: Twilight from 2-at-a-time Socks by Melissa Morgan-Oakes
needles: US1 40" circular
yarn:  Knit Picks Essential Kettle Dyed in Bordeaux
since i still haven't posted anything about our trip, i'll just mention that we took a road trip out west with my parents.  our drive took us through Glacier National Park, across Idaho, to the Spokane,WA area where we visited with my cousin and his family and then on to Mount Rainier.  from there we went over to see the Pacific Ocean and then up the coast through the Olympic National Forest with its beautiful rainforests!  fans of the Twilight series will know that the story's main setting is Forks, WA.  that's right...we went right through Forks and even took the drive over to La Push {beautiful!}!  if you haven't already figured it out, I am indeed a Twilight fan--i can't wait 'til they get all the movies done but so far, the books are still better!  so now take a look at the name of this sock pattern and you'll see why i chose it for my trip project.  (besides, it doesn't scream "I'm a crazy Twilight fan!" but i still thought it was fitting!) after touring the northwestern part of washington, we headed down to Yellowstone and after a couple days at Yellowstone, we headed back home to minnesota.  it was a busy, but good trip!  and one of these days i'll go thru my hundreds of pictures and maybe post a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!