GOD's my island hideaway, keeps danger far from the shore,
throws garlands of hosannas around my neck.
(Psa 32:7 MSG)

5.09.2011

mother's day memories

1. waking up to my two sweet boys wishing me a "happy mother's day!"
2. a hand-made card from bubba
3. breakfast in bed
4. my hubby and sons sitting on the bed and visiting with me while i ate my breakfast
5. visiting with my own mother in the afternoon
6. getting a mother/daughter photo--neither of us likes having our picture taken!
 7. a yummy dessert

8. going out to a movie with my mom and my eldest son (dad tagged along too)
9. hubby having time to visit with his mom too (cj tagged along with his daddy)
10. hand-picked "flowers" from my four-year-old
11. finding that even dandelions can be beautiful!

12. playtime outside since the weather was nice
13. bicycle "races"
14. taking tons of pictures with my hubby's camera
15. talking over some new knitting/crochet design ideas with my mom and getting her input
16. a little time to read
17. a little time to knit
18. realizing i am so very blessed to have my mom live relatively close by
19. feeling blessed to be a mom to two wonderfully crazy and amazingly loving boys

note:  i've been enjoying reading my sil's multitude mondays posts so much that with this post i am jumping in and plan to continue with my own.  so watch for more monday posts like this.  and if you're interested in learning more about multitude mondays click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. It was a special day for both of us. I love being here in spite of the weather. I am so proud of you dear daughter, and love this time we can spend together...sometimes just doing nothing. God has blessed us, and my cup overflows. Have a great rest of the week.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!