GOD's my island hideaway, keeps danger far from the shore,
throws garlands of hosannas around my neck.
(Psa 32:7 MSG)

11.04.2011

Free Book Friday!

Last week I started something new--Free Book Fridays!  So if you missed it, go ahead and check out this post first, then come on back and you can continue reading today's post too!

{Clicking the links in today's post will open a new window for you. I prefer tabs, but at least you won't have to use the back button to find my blog again!}


This week I planned to focus on Popular Classics, but I think I might throw in a few current ones too since there are a few new ones available now.

First up on today's list I'll start with one of my all-time favorite authors, Jane Austen.  Several of her books are available for Kindle.  Here's a few to get you started:   Emma,  Persuasion, Pride and Prejudice, and Sense and Sensibility.  I haven't read these on my Kindle yet, so I don't know if there are any issues with the way they have been formatted, but I know they're all great books!

Next is another favorite author of mine, L. M. Montgomery (or Lucy Maud Montgomery).  Although I haven't found Anne of Green Gables for free yet, there are several other books you can get now including Chronicles of Avonlea & Further Chronicles of Avonlea, The Story Girl & The Golden Road, and Kilmeny of the Orchard. I've started Chronicles, but really haven't read these on my Kindle either.

This year I started reading the Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  I will put links to the free copies here, but with this disclaimer:  the images (pictures, graphics) are missing.  I, thankfully, am married to a Sherlock fan who has the complete Sherlock 2-volume hardcover set, so when necessary, I would just grab the {rather large} books and see what the missing image was.  Since the images are rather crucial to the story, I would not recommend these unless you have the paper books as well.  Instead, I would recommend purchasing the Kindle versions with images that are included if you want to only read these on your Kindle.  But here are the free ones if you still want them:  The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The Valley of Fear, and The Sign of the Four.

My husband is currently reading The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas when he has a chance to use my Kindle.

And my almost-12-year-old son is reading Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift when Mommy lets him use the Kindle.

The next few I haven't even downloaded to my Kindle yet!  I just "ordered" them today (which is actually Thursday as I'm writing this up a day early) but I'll get them when I'm done writing this and turn on my Kindle's WiFi.

Holy Bible, GOD'S WORD Translation.

A Measure of Mercy (Home to Blessing Series #1) by Lauraine Snelling. (Lauraine Snelling is a well-known Christian historical fiction author.  I'm sure this will be a good book even though I haven't read it yet!)

Kisses for Lula by Samatha Mackintosh.

Fuse of Armageddon by Sigmund Brouwer and Hank Hanegraff.  (I've read Sigmund Brouwer's Robot Wars Series and enjoyed his writing so hopefully this will be a good read as well!)

Well, that should keep you busy for a while. 
Enjoy your free books!  I know I will!
Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!