GOD's my island hideaway, keeps danger far from the shore,
throws garlands of hosannas around my neck.
(Psa 32:7 MSG)

2.15.2010

Ravelympics 2010 update PLUS a funny kid story!

My first knitting project for the 2010 Ravelympics is complete!


Pattern: Fetching by Cheryl Niamath
Yarn: Berrocco Lustra in Lus Champignon {about 1/2 skein for the pair}
Needles: US8 Bamboo dpns
Started: Feb. 13, 2010 Finished: Feb. 14, 2010
Happy Valentine's Day to me!


{I'm not thrilled with the eyelet edging at the top of the mitts...with this yarn, it tends to roll back down. I may try to gently block it, but it's acrylic yarn, so I'm not sure how well it will block. If I ever do this pattern again, I'll use a wool or wool blend yarn. But I really like the cables and ease of the pattern.}

Since yesterday was Valentine's Day, and since I couldn't start my Ravelympics projects until the Olympic torch was actually lit, I made these 3D crochet hearts while watching the opening ceremonies.


And yes, I gave them to my honey as his Valentines Day gift...handmade by me, with love.

Now for a funny CJ story.
My boys went ice fishing on Friday with my parents and then spent a couple nights with them. Grandpa is a Nascar fan and on Saturday afternoon he was watching the Nationwide race.

Evidently Danica Patrick has started driving Nascar's Nationwide series. When CJ saw her on the tv, he said "There's Mommy!" He was convinced he was watching ME on tv!


Danica Patrick


NOT Danica Patrick!

When Danica's car was wrecked, CJ watched her get out of the car and was saying "Mommy's okay! Mommy's okay!" It was so funny, my mom had to call me right away and tell me about it. And ever since, I've been wondering why he'd think it was me. I do have a little bit "in common" with Danica. That is, I also have long, dark hair and our facial shape is similar too. But that's where the similarities end. I don't race cars, and you couldn't pay me enough to do the ads Danica has been known for! But I'm gonna guess the hair was probably what got him thinking she was me.

Anyways, I'll just take it as a compliment and have a good laugh!

Don't forget to cheer on our Olympic hopefuls!

Go Team USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me happy!